About Us


Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE)

TLE is an allowance to help partially offset lodging and meal expenses when a member and/or dependents need to occupy temporary lodging during your PCS move in CONUS. TLE is based on the per diem rate and are allowed a ten-day maximum. TLE is not paid in advance, but is paid after filing a completed claim with receipts and endorsements. TLE is authorized for all command sponsored military personnel arriving on Permanent Change of Station orders pending availability of government housing, or pending completion of permanent living arrangements. TLE commences the date your PCS orders are endorsed as having reported aboard. It is imperative that you have your orders endorsed with the time and date reported as soon as possible after arriving. You will not be reimbursed for any days of temporary lodging prior to the report date endorsed on your orders.

Dislocation Allowance (DLA)

The purpose of DLA is to partially reimburse a member, with or without dependents, for the expenses incurred in relocating the member's household on a PCS, housing moves ordered for the government's convenience, or incident to an evacuation. This allowance is in addition to all other allowances authorized in the Joint Federal Travel Regulations (JFTR) and may be paid in advance.

Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA)

The Overseas Housing Program enables military members assigned overseas to privately lease housing on the economy. This program encompasses a reimbursement system designed to partially defray housing costs when on-base or government leased housing is not available. OHA is paid to approximately 60,000 members overseas at a yearly cost of $1.8 billion.

Don't forget to keep your family's information up-to-date in DEERS.